Share
Go down
avatar
Admin
Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-06-17
View user profilehttp://reverie-reborn.forumotion.com

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am
"I think we will get along wonderfully," Allistair quipped lightly. "As for the Warrior of light, he is some what of a living legend. Protector of the Realms. I haven't heard reports of him in quite sometime. Perhaps some fledgling godling finally ended his story." He clicked a few things in place on the engine. "Boy's lets get down to business!" He said as he turned the key and the engine flared to life. "If we survive this, alcohol is on me tonight. " He stood up from the drivers seat. "Now then which one of you wants to learn how to drive? I am not leaving my truck in this desert." He said with a big smile as he turned to look at the two men.
avatar
Posts : 17
Join date : 2018-06-18
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 am
Yugelu stared between the two men, likely appearing as a statue for a moment before finally speaking. "To.. drive? I fear getting into one of these trucks alone will be a test of it's own.." He stepped to look at the door, catching his reflection for a moment on the side of the truck and adjusted his mask, the wide set horns were going to be interesting to try to shove into one of these machines... "You say if we survive as though there's a possibility we wouldn't? You truly think these Amal'ja such a foe?" He shook his head, the beads and crystals jingling in the wind, and he ignored the vote put up to drive, instead climbing into the back of the truck belonging to Allistair and taking a seat. "It would do to take them with an element of surprise if they're not one to be reasoned with. The desert can be quite harsh, we only need remind them of that..", he smiled, the idea that these beastmen would sacrifice children finally setting in. He had never had children of his own, and had only even seen a female Garif once in his life as a young child. He was truly a bit jealous of the life hyur led, creating families where they would live together. These children would not become sacrifices, and if it meant fighting to ensure no others would, he had no plan on losing.
Posts : 21
Join date : 2018-06-18
Age : 29
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:44 pm
Theo nodded, "I suppose I can learn how to operate it, though, I don't know if my first time behind the wheel should be with children in the back. That could be a bad scenario. However, as far as the Amal'ja are concerned, I agree. Taking them by surprise would probably be our best option. We can discuss more battle plans later, however I'm a fan on me approaching from the front, and drawing them out of the cave, with the two of you on either side, ready to ambush whomever or whatever comes out. At least to thin their numbers."
avatar
Admin
Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-06-17
View user profilehttp://reverie-reborn.forumotion.com

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 am
"Yegulu, You are very knowlegeble of the subject of Eikons and Aether. I would hate to be on the wrong side of whatever magic you have at your disposal."

"I like the find them and kill them approach. As for driving what a better place to learn than a empty desert. Worry not Ill be driving this monstrosity." He said as he slammed the hood of the much larger truck. "Well I think we are ready to move." he moved to the back of the truck. "Alright kids, lets get you all to...." He stopped mid speech. hearing the low drum of of war drums. Amal'jaa bandits he thought. "Lie down quickly and quietly. Bad guys are here. Think of it as a game."

"We've got unexpected guests!" Yelled Allistair as he flicked his wrists and the turrets roared to life, awaiting any enemy within their sights.

He focused his will and summoned his weapon, a large custom rifle appeared from the Aether beside him and it dropped in his hands.
avatar
Posts : 17
Join date : 2018-06-18
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 am
In truth, really most of the Garif knew of these summoned beings that existed throughout the realm. They were typically told as fireside stories by the elders, but they made it known that there was some truth to them, even if the stories were a little embellished. Yugelu was sitting patiently in the back of the truck, but he was certain he could hear drums, likely just mechanic Allistair? He perked up a bit, standing suddenly and jumping from the truck as they were indeed announced as drums, holding his bell in the air to his side instinctively. "Unexpected gues-", he turned to ask Allistair, now more clearly not just a mechanic. He'd seen firearms before, but he was absolutely certain they did not come from the air. His curiosity was piqued, and he stepped closer, inspecting the gun from a short distance. By all rights, it seemed to just be a weapon, but he would mean to ask about it.. "Amal'ja so soon then? Perhaps wondering why their conspirators have not returned..", he mumbled before starting a short chant, "Sanum hei vishnal",  As he gave the bell a clear ring and finished the chant, a small area around him with a border marked by swirling sands would begin, giving any who stood within it an odd feeling, almost an electric tingle, but not harmful (Geo-Focus). He turned his head to the side, stretching lightly as he waited, already knowing his action as soon as the salamanders crested the dunes. "Well then, new friends.. I for one look forward to seeing what the both of you can do!", he spoke with more than a tinge of excitement.
Posts : 21
Join date : 2018-06-18
Age : 29
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:25 pm
Theo listened to the other two talk, and scowled at the drums. He would unsheathe his sword and ready his shield. Reaching into his pack, he'd pull out his a vial, "Well, might as well go in fully charged. This is my last one." The Magicite Knight downed an ether, recharging his magical reserves. Squinting his eyes in the setting sun, he would tap into the materia in his sword as soon as the first Amal'ja crossed the dune, "Winter's biting frost, tear at my enemies! Blizzard!"
avatar
Admin
Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-06-17
View user profilehttp://reverie-reborn.forumotion.com

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am
Allistair watched as the sand began to rotate around them and as Theo unleashed powerful ice magic. "Hmmpf show offs," He said with a laugh. "Guess I better show off too." He said as he loaded a few frag rounds into his gun, the low tat tat tat of his turrets firing at his enemy. Allistair took aim at one of the bigger ones, and fired a round. It sunk deep into the creatures chest, and then exploded in a fiery blast that made the other Amal'jaa take pause and then began charging again. "Well so much for intimidation. I think it only made them angrier." He said as he loaded another large round into the chamber.

avatar
Posts : 17
Join date : 2018-06-18
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:43 pm
Yugelu watched the others intently, the cold chill of the Blizzard spell and the sound of artillery reminding him of why he preferred a more peaceful life, but this wasn't the time. He took a wide stance, closing his eyes and taking a moment to feel the sand beneath him, and he began chanting, starting quietly and ending in a reverberating tone, "Shin lash gu kahammn". He raised his bell in the air and struck a single tone, as a five foot wide trench of sand between his allies and enemies began to shudder, seemingly doing nothing. He crossed his arms, smiling, as the first Amal'ja to reach the sand would find himself stepping into what would act more like a thick mud, surrounding it's feet and nearly making it tumble forward. The size and weight of these foes would work against them, though they'd only sink waist deep, and only if they truly struggled. It was a common tactic of Yugelu's, typically used only to make his own retreat, but it would serve well enough here. One with fleet feet would not have much trouble, but they'd have to move quickly, so it was only fit for larger foes such as these.
Posts : 21
Join date : 2018-06-18
Age : 29
View user profile

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:08 pm
Theo would rush the oncoming horde, smashing the first Amal'ja in the face with his shield, sending the beast reeling. Turning around, he ran his bastard sword though the other attackers stomach, dropping him, for sure to bleed out on the sand. The first assailant had recovered from his smashed face, and brought his axe down, intending to cleave the knight in two. Unable to parry, but unwilling to get chopped, Theo took one quick step forward, and caught the haft of the weapon on his shoulder. He dropped to his knees, under the weight of the blow. That was going to leave a mark. Unfortunately for the Amal'ja, the knight didn't drop his sword, and, instead, he shoved the blade through the beastman's groin, angling it to where the tip of the sword came out of his middle back. Turning to face the rest of the small attack force, and realized he was going to have to pick up the pace. Drawing into his magical reserves, "Sands of time, quicken thy flow! Haste." He smiled, regained his footing, and took off, making his way to the back, with intent to pick off the archers and casters.
avatar
Admin
Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-06-17
View user profilehttp://reverie-reborn.forumotion.com

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm
Allistair looked through the scope of his rifle and began culling those that were unfortunate enough to fall prey to Yegula's sand trap. "Hah, Its like shooting fish out of a barrel." He quipped as he reloaded and fired off more shots. "You guys are pretty good in a fight! I'm glad you're on my side." He yelled over the gunfire of his turrets.

The enemy was now staying cautious of the group and were trying to outmaneuver the small portable turrets. I dont think so thought Allistair as he moved his hand and made the turrets disappear and then reappear closer to the enemy.
Sponsored content

Re: Menace of the Shadows {Open}

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum